About Lalji Tandon
He was born on 12 April 1935 in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh. Lalji Tandon was a politician who served as 22nd Governor of Madhya Pradesh. He was a member of BJP (Bhartiya Janta Party). He started his political carrier in 1960. He is guided and supported by Late Shri Atal Bihari Bajpai ji.
Family & Personal
Ashutosh Tandon and 2 others
- He had also served as Urban Development minister in the Uttar Pradesh cabinet under Mayawati (in the BSP-BJP combine), and also in the Kalyan Singh ministry earlier.
- In May 2009, he was elected to the 15th Lok Sabha from Lucknow by a margin over 40,000 votes over Rita Bahuguna Joshi of Indian National Congress.
- Lalji Tandon was given the responsibility of the Governor of Bihar in the year 2018.
- On 20 July 2019, Tandon was appointed as the 22nd Governor of Madhya Pradesh, replacing Anandiben Patel
- Lalji Tandon joined the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh in his early life.
- He has studied till graduation. After this, Lalji was married to Krishna Tandon in 1958. His son Gopalji Tandon is currently a minister in the Yogi government of Uttar Pradesh.
- It was while joining the Sangh that he met former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee. Lalji was very close to Atal Bihari Vajpayee from the beginning.
- Lalji Tandon himself says that Atal Bihari Vajpayee played the role of his partner, brother and father trio in politics.
- His political journey began in the year 1960. Tandon was elected a councilor twice and was a member of the Legislative Council twice. He also took part in the JP movement against Indira Gandhi’s government.
- He is also known for many important experiments in the politics of Uttar Pradesh. He is also believed to have contributed significantly in forming a coalition government of BJP and BSP in the state in the 90s.
- He was a member of the Uttar Pradesh Legislative Council twice from 1978 to 1984 and from 1990 to 96. During this period, he was also a minister in the Uttar Pradesh government of 1991-92.
- After this, Lalji reached the assembly by winning elections for three consecutive times from 1996 to 2009. He was the Minister for Urban Development in 1997.
- In 2009, the Lucknow Lok Sabha seat became vacant after former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee withdrew from politics. After this, the BJP handed over this seat to Lalji Tandon.
- In the Lok Sabha elections, Lalji Tandon won the Lucknow Lok Sabha seat easily and reached Parliament.
Is Lalji Tandon Died?
When Lalji Tandon died?
Reason of Death:
Lalji Tandon was in poor health for a long time. He was admitted to Medanta Hospital in Lucknow due to difficulty in urination on 11-June. He was unable to afford a bi-rape ventilator due to prolonged illness due to comorbidities and neuro muscular weakness. He is again taken on a critical care ventilator through a tracheostomy when he recuperates on Monday evening. In between, there have been reports of improvement in their condition. But he died in the hospital on Tuesday morning
To see my previous post on legendory actor Nawazuddin Siddiqui. please click on https://gocelebrityworld.com/nawazuddin-siddiqui-bio/